Reiki is a treatment in which healing energy is channeled from the practitioner to the client to enhance energy and reduce stress, anxiety, pain, and fatigue. It works directly on the energy system and can contribute to a profound ability to more deeply relax and recover. By bringing more chi into your system, you give yourself a direct boost of energy and support your body’s ability to heal and perform optimally.
Reiki helps with the flow of energy and removes blocks in a similar way to acupuncture or acupressure. Improving the flow of energy around the body can reduce pain, speed healing, and reduce other symptoms of illness.
Reiki may be used as part of a treatment plan to help relieve depression.
Reiki for Athletes:
- Reiki works directly on the energy system and can contribute to a profound ability to more deeply relax and recover. By bringing more chi into your system, you give yourself a direct boost of energy and support your body’s ability to heal and perform optimally.
- Reiki can reduce the negative effects of working out – the physical discomfort – helps support healthy muscle function through decreased healing times and stress and strain relief, and reduce unhealthy strain on your body, making your workout even better and more effective than normal! It’s also well-known for helping to reduce aches, pains, and inflammation in the body.
- Reiki also helps prevent injury by keeping your body functioning as a whole unit.
- Reiki helps to boost concentration, creates a positive mindset, and aides in healing and restorative sleep. Keeping focused and positive will not only improve your performance, but also help reduce your chance of injury
- Reiki uses energy which not only affects the muscles; it deeply penetrates every cell of the body. This energy is transmitted by holding the hands near the body and is profoundly effective.
- Reiki helps balance your physical and energetic body so that you can consistently get a good night’s sleep which is so important when trying to keep your body at its peak performance level.
- Reiki helps reduce healing and recovery times after injury, illness, and surgery. It is becoming more common to find Reiki therapy as a pre- or post-surgery option in major hospitals and rehab centers around the country.
- Reiki helps the body recover faster on a cellular level and resist injury more effectively during vigorous training.
What to expect during your Reiki Session.
We offer 60 minute Reiki sessions. Let your practitioner know about any symptoms you want to be addressed or if there are places in the body where you’d like her to focus. Also, let the practitioner know if you have any injuries or places that are sensitive to touch, although during the session she will have her hands just above your body.
You may experience sensations in the body such as heat or tingling. Try to allow whatever arises to pass without attaching too much meaning to it. Your experiences may become deeper the more you continue with reiki.
Please wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing for your session. Make sure to remove all jewelry before your session, and keep your phone switched off or leave it behind. Please remember to drink plenty of water after your session. Some people feel calm, peaceful, or energized. You may also feel tired.
Reiki for Chronic Pain:
- Reiki reduces pain and tension and promotes feelings of relaxation and rejuvenation in clients with chronic pain.
- Unlike most other treatments, Reiki is a multi-purposed method that can heal both physical and emotional ailments.
- Reiki works on a deeper level, influencing the flow of healing energy that promotes a sense of balance and leads to pain relief in clients suffering from chronic pain from a variety of conditions.
- To schedule a Reiki session with Amanda, please contact the office directly at 603.343.4033.